Saturday, October 18, 2008

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: There is always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it. For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.


THROWOUT FOR THE DAY: Play-Do Fuzzy Pumper and fuzzy people.

Awwwwwww Mom, why are you throwing that away - that's our memories, that's our childhood......


I'M THROWING IT AWAY BECAUSE IT BROKE FIVE YEARS AGO! AND I COULDN'T MAKE MYSELF THROW IT AWAY UNTIL NOW ("maybe someday I'll fix it....") Well, someday never came and I got brave.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

argh! I almost e-mailed you and offered to take it off of your hands; I have to be careful not to let my inner packrat surface as I read these postings!

Just today I was looking for a photo in my closet and I found a shoe box full of old cassettes. Haven';t touched them in ten years, so why haven't I thrown them out? I can get all those songs on iTunes now! Still, I put the box back in my closet--argh! I need help! Hopefully the purges YOU write about will inspire me to TOSS THE CRAP! :)

Anonymous said...

Moooooooom. It is sad to see that toy go. But hey, you took a picture of it. I believe that if an item has to go and it has sentimental value, just take a picture of it and it will save the everlasting memories.

Its sad to see those things go, but keep up the great de-junking.

Ice Cream said...

HA ha ha, my first thought was NOOOOOOOO, not the fuzzy pumper!!! But then I remembered that I have 2 of them myself. But still...

I'm so proud of you.