Monday, January 12, 2009

organizing


I've just had a meltdown - I've been laughing hysterically, because I spent the morning looking through books on organizing http://www.houseoforder.com/ at the local book store, only to return home and realize the time would have been better spent just cleaning off my kitchen counter! When I went to plug in my crockpot, I couldn't even reach the electrical outlet, my counter is in such shambles.
MY SEVEN DAY PLAN IS TO CLEAN OFF A SURFACE EVERY DAY! COULD YOU GUESS THAT MY KITCHEN IS TODAY'S GOAL?!?!?!
By the way, my experience with last week's goal was humbling and very rewarding! I was able to reach out to someone every day AND I'M SO GLAD I DID! One woman, who was diagnosed with pre-leukemia, was in the hospital. I went to visit her on friday, and found out it was full-blown leukemia and she was being sent to the University of Utah hospital. I was able to sit with her, talk about the Plan of Salvation, kiss her and tell her how much I loved her. She died yesterday! I'm so glad I had set that goal, or I would have lived with a huge regret!

1 comment:

Ice Cream said...

Wow, mom, that is a true example of why one should never wait to reach out to people.

Good luck with the surface cleaning. I have to go takle my own kitchen now... ug!