Thursday, June 10, 2010

JUNE 10, 2010
Day Four - random things from a very long day:

Riley's losing her purse full of her camera and mp3 stuff (luckily her mp3 player had fallen on the car floor) really got me down. Not so much that she left it there - easy mistake - but it was left in an LDS run establishment, and wasn't recovered.....sigh.....I really feel let down by our fellow man!

At the Nauvoo restaurant, Jude had made an ice cream cone, but when he'd licked it to a flat-top, he didn't want to eat the cone. He ended up shlurping up all the ice cream in the cone and swallowing it all. He got red in the face and said he was having a cold throat attack. As the ice cream went down, he clutched his chest and said he was having a cold heart attack. I think he'll think twice before swallowing that much ice cream at once.

Today we hit some pretty irritating places - at one gas station, the bathrooms didn't work, so we went to the Wendy's next door. I stood outside the bathroom, waiting for the 3 kids to come out (a one seater), when I heard Calvin yelling at the top of his lungs. I went in, and he and Jude were fighting over the hand dryer. Because there was a long line of women waiting for the bathroom, I shouted in a demonic whisper and told them if they didn't stop fighting I was going to chew my finger off and spit it into the trash can....WHERE IN THE HECK DID THAT COME FROM?!?!? I've been chuckling semi-hysterically about this one all day long.

We've named our GPS "Lucille". Sorry Patricia Lucille - it definitely was named because sometimes it just gets confused about where it is! hahahahahha

The last stretch of today was stop and go traffic in the middle of nowhere that lasted about an hour.....it was sooooo frustrating, because I had to pay $15.00 in tolls for that wonderful experience!

Now that the kids are done swimming and plugged into the Disney channel - I got to watch the Glee finale and am definitely relaxed - I'm ready for another day. I need to get us all to bed because WE GET TO SEE LIZ AND FAM TOMORROW - YAYAYAYAYAYAY - AND JENNY'S FAM SOON, WITH HANNAH YAYAYAYAYAYAY

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha!!! I love the crazy threats that come out of our mouths when we're desperate! :)

How sad about Riley's purse. A lesson that will hopefully help her keep a more vigilant watch over her purse in the future--we've all learned that one, haven't we? ;)

We are getting SO excited for you guys to get here! Travel safe!!!

Butterfly Frogs said...

Bite you finger off, chew it and spit it at them??? Wow now I know my psychotic breaks are inherited. Don't get down on your fellow LDS persons, it may have been discovered by someone non-LDS tourist trying to get a look at some horns that was not as consciencious as a normal person with morals would be.

Patricia L Eaton said...

"I shouted in a demonic whisper and told them if they didn't stop fighting I was going to chew my finger off and spit it into the trash can....WHERE IN THE HECK DID THAT COME FROM".... I am still cackling at work... ha ha ha ha ha Mom, you crack me up!

I feel so bad for Riley, that was her "life". I hate when you have treasures that are lost. I too am saddened by the lack of response and honesty. Who knows, maybe one of these days it will be recovered by some fluke. If not, we shall all learn from this.

I am excited to read that you are so close to seeing everyone... and to see Jen posting about getting ready to head out and meet you guys... it is getting me all goosepimply! I love you guys... be safe... and Jude... easy on the cold stuff. ha ha haI love you kids! I love you too mom. Thanks again!