Tuesday, June 8, 2010



JUNE 7, 2010
"RAINY DAYS AND MONDAYS WILL NOT GET ME DOWN"
or
"SWIMMING IN THE RAIN, JUST SWIMMING IN THE RAIN"

Can I just say that my GPS, gameboys, and diet Pepsi are my best friends!

We traveled for 12 hours, with only two breaks in the rain. We started out stopping in Ashton to give Grandpa Bainbridge hugs, then on up through my favorite drive - following the Gallatin River! It was awesome with the low-lying clouds. Even the kids were impressed. ( At this point Calvin asked, "Grandma, are you sure you know the right way?)
Then up into Montana and east then south down into Wyoming. I felt myself grousing because the roads were so wet I couldn't use my Cruise control - but remembered the pioneers and what they had to endure - having to travel at least a month to get as far as I got in one day. Shame on me!

The GPS is wonderful! The kids have been great - it wasn't until 6 p.m. before Jude and Calvin had an altercation about the gameboys - which were promptly put away for the rest of the day. Riley is a jewel - a lot of help!

Thanks Patti, for letting me take your kids.

And thanks Charley, for letting me take your gameboys.

And thanks Brad for the GPS and the money it takes for us to have this summer fun!

So, Riley - how was your 1st day on the road?
It was trying because we had to sit for a very long time and we only got three or four breaks (including bathroom and stopping by G-pa Bainbridge's house to give hugs), and (not including lunch and dinner breaks), we were traveling for 12 hours.... luckily we had some entertainment: a portable DVD player, little nintendo DS's, and a game boy. Calvin got a little annoying because every 5 to 10 minutes he would ask "How many more miles till we get to Devils Tower??" ( And yes... We got to see Devils Tower).......... "How many more miles till we get to the hotel"
Sadly when we finally got to our hotel, even though G-ma made sure all the hotels had pools and Internet, when we got there, the pool was an outdoor pool and we had no internet service. But get this, we got dinner, come back it wasn't raining..... we come back... still not raining... we get done eating in our swimsuits and it was raining AGAIN....... but we still go swimming, I just tried to stay under water as much as possible.
I got to touch the GPS!!!!!!!!! and the Nintendo DS's had touch screens!!!!!!!!

Calvin - how was your day?
I liked to go to devils tower on monday the seventh of june 2010.Right now i am in a hotel.THEY HAVE A T.V. HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!f

Jude, how was your day?
first we went to Grandpa Bainbrdge. After that we went to Devils Tower . Then we went to a hotel. WE WHER SWIMMING IN THE RAIN!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, reading the kids' entries was SOOOO funny! What a nice touch to the blog post!! :) Thanks for sharing this adventure with us! I'm loving it! :)

Jennilyn said...

This is awesome! ...and I am jealous of the visit to Devil's Tower, although I think I would have other intentions if I stopped by there... :)

Patricia L Eaton said...

ha ha ha ha "I got to touch the gPS!!"
That's priceless. It sounds like you are all having a blast. The highlight being swimming in the rain. I guess I know what to do to keep them happy when they get back home.... fill up the tub so they can go swimming... and turn on the shower so it rains on them. lol
I love these posts mom... you are capturing all of the funny, the silly and the REAL experience

dotmother said...

Yeah Jennilyn - I had to call Ben to see if you guys had climbed this one yet - he said that's a goal of his - maybe someday, huh?