Sunday, March 27, 2011

I'm amazed at the lessons I can learn from my own children! Today Jenny called to tell me of an inspiration she received while she was fasting and praying for a totally different reason. We had talked earlier on the phone, and had shared some frustrations we had with other people in our lives. We weren't bashing them, but were genuinely concerned about how to handle different situations with other people.
I do this all the time - if I have an upset in my life, I try to instantly call someone so I can hopefully vent and cool down, or to get advice. But in doing so, I've never been comfortable that I'm sharing a negative about another person....to a person that really doesn't need to know about that negative. I just want someone to say "poor baby" to me. But in doing so, I'm most likely putting the "offender" in a bad light to those I confide in.
Anyway, her inspiration was that we should instantly turn to the Lord, for comfort and for advice. In doing that, we're not besmurching someone else. AND we're getting the RIGHT comfort and RIGHT counsel from someone who really knows what's going on.
Thanks Jenny -for receiving that inspiration and for sharing it with me! I'm really going to work on this one!!!

1 comment:

Ice Cream said...

Good idea. I've done this before but it is easy to forget. And the best part about it is He is never too busy to listen.